CJ’s Sausage, Apple, Cranberry Holiday Dressing
Add some flavor to the holiday season!
It goes without saying that it just isn’t the holidays without food. One of the mainstays of holiday fare is of course the stuffing! Our moms all have their signature recipe for the perfect dressing, but sometimes it’s nice to spice things up. CJ’s Patisserie was kind enough to share with us their exclusive Holiday Dressing recipe, made especially for the holiday season and our readers. //by Peri Malsom
– 1 bag CJ’s Patisserie Holiday Bread Cubes (available at CJ’s Patisserie)
– 1 lb Spicy Sausage
– 1 large yellow onion, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 1 large or 2 medium firm apples, chopped (Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady)
– 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
– 3 tsp fresh thyme, minced
– 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
– 2 tsp fresh sage, minced
– 3 tsp fresh parsley, minced
– 1 tsp fresh chives, minced
– 3/4 stick butter, melted
– 1 cup chardonnay
– 2-2 1/2 cup chicken stock
– Turkey giblets, cooked and chopped
1. In a large skillet brown sausage. Add celery, onions, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Continue to cook until onions and celery start to turn translucent, stirring occasionally.
2. In a large bowl pour sausage mixture over bread cubes. Mix in dried cranberries, apples, parsley, chives, giblets, and melted butter.
3. Pour 3⁄4 of the chicken stock and Chardonnay over bread mixture and gently fold dry ingredients until there is an even distribution of moisture. Add more liquid until your dressing is moist.
4. Allow dressing to cool completely before loosely stuffing the turkey.
5. If you are not stuffing your bird: Spread evenly in a 9×13 pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350o for 35-45 minutes.
CJ’s says… DO NOT overstuff your turkey, always leave space in the turkey for steam to build.
CJ’s says… Always check the internal temperature of the dressing as well as the bird. (Breast and dressing at 165° and thigh at 185°.)