Sweets for My Sweet
Fall in love with this homemade Neapolitan Cheesecake
Chocolates or a card with a chubby Cupid on it are too cliché nowadays. Impress your honey with this tasty treat for their Valentine’s Day dessert. Three layers of amazing, this cheesecake is a delicious take on the neapolitan ice cream we love. This cheesecake recipe, created by Tara Schipke and Gabrielle Gruenwald, has us falling in love with its sweet, yet subtle, flavors. Tara and Gabby, although fairly new to the cooking game, make our taste buds dance with this one. With a little patience and care, this cheesecake will definitely make your special someone swoon. Remember to throw in plenty of love! // by Hannah Loefke
– 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (Oreos or chocolate graham crackers will do)
– 3 tablespoons butter (divided and melted)
– 3 eggs
– 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 5 squares (1 oz each) of semi-sweet chocolate (divided)
– 2 1/2 squares (2 1/2 oz total) of white chocolate (divided)
– 1/3 cup mashed or pureed, sweetened strawberries
– 2 Tablespoons shortening (divided)
1. Combine crumbs and 3 tablespoons of butter.
2. Press into bottom of uncreased 9″ spring form pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes and then cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time then add vanilla.
6. Divide batter into three equal portions – about 1 2/3 cup each.
7. Melt 2 squares of semi sweet chocolate; stir into one portion of the batter.
8. Melt 2 squares of white chocolate; stir into second portion of batter.
9. Stir in strawberries into last portion.
10. Spread semi-sweet portion over chocolate crust.
11. Next, carefully spread white chocolate mixture, then strawberry mixture on top.
12. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300° and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until center is set.
13. Carefully run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen.
14. Cool completely and remove from pan.
15. Melt remaining same-sweet chocolate (3 squares), remaining butter (2 tablespoons) and 1 teaspoon shortening.
16. Cool 2 minutes.
17. Pour over cake.
18. Melt remaining white chocolate and 1 teaspoon shortening and drizzle over chocolate glaze.
19. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.