Published on July 1st, 2016 | by AberdeenMagazine
Wrap It Up!
All the goodness of barbecue chicken pizza, converted to a quick wrap.
Nearly every pub and restaurant has added barbecue chicken pizza to their menus. While it’s become a classic, getting the same effect at home isn’t necessarily very easy. The crust is hard to get crisp, the ratio of sauce to ingredients is tricky, and what sauce do you use? Forget the crust, forget the hot oven, and whip out these zesty wraps for dinner or lunch. For added convenience, just buy a cooked rotisserie chicken from the deli and start with that. // by Troy McQuillen
– 4 grilled chicken breast halves or whole rotisserie chicken boned
– 1 small bag leafy romaine lettuce
– 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
– 2 tbsp. cilantro chopped
– 1 large red onion, julienned thinly
– 1 bottle sweet and testy barbecue sauce
– 1 tbsp. lemon juice
– 4 12-inch flour tortillas
1. Sauté the onions until caramelized. Shred the chicken with two forks and put in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the onions, cilantro, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
3. Divide mixture into four even portions.
4. Coat the entire surface of each tortilla with 1-2 tablespoons barbecue sauce with the back of a spoon.
5. Deposit one portion of chicken mixture across the diameter, sprinkle on a good amount of cheese, and two handfuls of lettuce.
6. Roll the tortilla tight, squeezing filling out to the ends. Tuck the ends in or leave open. Cut in half or into medallions and serve.