Published on August 28th, 2020 | by AberdeenMagazine
Greetings From Aberdeen Contest – Win $500 Cash!
Aberdeen Magazine is proud to announce that today the magazines kicks off the “Greetings from Aberdeen” social media photo contest. The contest is set to run from Tuesday, September 1 to Wednesday, September 30, 2020. Troy McQuillen, publisher of Aberdeen Magazine has unveiled a mural located at the corner of 5th Avenue and Main Street in Downtown Aberdeen, which will serve as the backdrop for the month-long contest. Residents and visitors of Aberdeen are invited to visit the mural this month to post selfies, portraits, and family photos to social media with the hashtag #GreetingsFromAberdeen.
Here’s what you have to do to enter for your chance to win:
- Take a photo of yourself, kids, pets, friends, etc. in front of the new Greetings from Aberdeen billboard on the south side of the McQuillen Building at 423 South Main Street.
- Post the photo on Aberdeen Magazine’s Facebook and Instagram pages with the #GreetingsFromAberdeen hashtag.
- On October 1, one random winner will be drawn and announced on the magazine’s Facebook and Instagram pages and will receive the $500!
Other things to know:
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook
- This contest does NOT require the use of an individual’s Personal Timelines and friend connections to administer promotions.
- Entrants are not required to:
- “share on your Timeline to enter”
- “share on your friend’s Timeline to get additional entries”
- “tag your friends in this post to enter”
- The entrant must be following Aberdeen Magazine on Facebook or Instagram in order to enter.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Aberdeen Magazine whose registered office is at 423 S. Main Street, Aberdeen, South Dakota.
- The Greetings from Aberdeen competition is open to residents of Aberdeen, South Dakota aged 16 years or over except employees of Aberdeen Magazine and McQuillen Creative Group and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook and Instagram.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The closing date for entry will be September 30, 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- A winner will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Aberdeen Magazine.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.
- By entering the Greetings from Aberdeen competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the United States and South Dakota law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Dakota.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Aberdeen Magazine, McQuillen Creative Group, University of Aberdeen Branded Apparel, and not to any other party.
- Aberdeen Magazine shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Aberdeen Magazine also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.