Photos by Abby Brick Photography
The Hanson’s enchanted garden celebration incorporated a collection of personal touches to create a one-of-a-kind wedding.
Nothing beats breakfast in bed, especially when it comes with an engagement ring. This sweet and intimate gesture was how Dylan asked Maddy to marry him. Placing the ring on the breakfast tray, Dylan knelt beside the bed to surprise Maddy. The rest is history…
When the big day arrived, Maddy ecstatically waited for the moment she was able to meet Dylan before the ceremony.
“For me, all day I just felt like it was a long day, in a good way!” Maddy said. “But I was counting down the minutes and the seconds until I could just see Dylan.”
The “wow” moment for Maddy and Dylan set in as she walked down the aisle in her gorgeous, form-fitting dress. Time stood still as the couple embraced the beginning of forever together.
The ceremony at Bethlehem Lutheran Church was embellished with beautiful floral arrangements, white decor, and greenery to soften the setting and highlight the celebration of Maddy and Dylan’s marriage.
A heartfelt gesture to remember lost loved ones was expressed by reserving two chairs at the ceremony adorned with pictures of Maddy’s grandma and grandpa.
As a way to convey their appreciation for the community of love and support from family and friends, the couple decided to put a twist on the traditional guestbook. Instead, they used squares of fabric for the guests to write little messages. Eventually, these pieces will be sewn into a quilt by Maddy’s mother.
The reception was nothing short of an enchanted garden as candles shimmered on the tables, gold accents with green florals went on display, and a giant custom-made floral wreath hung above the dance floor.
The night was filled with laughter and dancing in the captivating ambiance of the candlelight and decor as family and friends celebrated the lifelong commitment of Maddy and Dylan and their never-ending love for each other. // —Josie Clemens
Advice from the bride
- Hire an event planner to help with the entire wedding planning process. It was one of the best decisions I made as a bride. It made our day move with ease, style, and organization.
- Try to add personal touches to make the day feel unique to you as a couple.
- Enjoy each moment that the day brings. It goes by so fast!
- Ceremony Venue: Bethlehem Lutheran Church
- Reception Venue and Catering: Dakota Event Center
- Photography: Abby Brick Photography
- Videography: AJ Production Company, Sioux Falls
- Bridal Dresses: Brides N’ Belles
- Menswear: Brides N’ Belles
- Rings: Anthony Jewelers
- Hair: Nicole Mann at Tres-Chic Salon
- Wedding Planner: Katie Murphy at Jane Rae Events, Sioux Falls
- Invitations and Programs: Confetti Creative Co., Sioux Falls
- Rehearsal Dinner Sign: Sign Gypsies
- Floral and Decor: Jane Rae Events, Sioux Falls
- Officiant: Kevin Bergeson
- Ceremony Musicians: Kari Hanson and Cody Swanson
- Cocktail Hour Entertainment: Garett and Amy Heinz
- Reception DJ: Jason Yoshino at Energy Event Group, Sioux Falls
- Lights and Photobooth: Energy Event Group, Sioux Falls
- Cake: Nothing Bundt Cakes, Sioux Falls
- Transportation: Party Bus by Rus, Russel Johnson
- Lodging: Holiday Inn Express & Suites and Hampton Inn & Suites
- Unity Tree Planting: Weber Landscaping
- Bridesmaids’ Gifts and Ceremony Sign: WeiszCreations