Congratulations on getting engaged! But what’s next? Stay organized with this 12-month guide to plan your big day, without the stress.
When you get engaged
- Settle on your budget
- Select your wedding style!
- Start your guest list
12 months before
- Hire a wedding planner (if needed)
- Book a photographer and videographer. Don’t procrastinate!
- Find and reserve a venue
- Finalize your wedding date!
11 months before
- Choose wedding party members
- Book a caterer
- Reserve musician/DJ for reception
- Book a block of hotel rooms for guests
10 months before
- Wedding dress shopping!!
- Set up gift registries
- Finalize guest list
- Search for officiant
9-8 months before
- Choose bridesmaids dresses and accessories
- Select florist
- Order wedding rings!
- Start planning and budgeting for your honeymoon
7-6 months before
- Make arrangements for any rental items (tables, chairs, linens, etc.)
- Design and purchase invitations
- Arrange for transportation
- Decide on Groom and Groomsmen attire
5-4 months before
- Send out Save the Date cards
- Taste and order the wedding cake
- Schedule hair and makeup artist. Don’t forget to book trial appointments!
- First dress fitting
- Make reservations for rehearsal dinner
3 months before
- Set your music playlist. Keep a running list of songs you do and don’t want played
- Compose a day-of timeline
- Send event schedule to every vendor
2 months before
- Mail wedding invitations
- Finalize menu with your caterer. Don’t forget drinks!
- Confirm details with the florist
- Meet with the photographer
1 month before
- Details, details, DETAILS
- Get your marriage license
- Finalize list of reception guests and assign seating
- Confirm times for hair and makeup and details for all vendors
- Final dress fitting
Week of the Wedding!
- Delegate small wedding-day tasks
- Confirm honeymoon travel arrangements
- Rehearsal dinner
Wedding day – “The Big Day”
Take a deep breath, your wedding day is finally here!!