I’ve seen many variations of Strawberry Fluff. Many different dishes share this name, but there is only one rendition of this recipe that I have fond, childhood memories of. Some people will add additional ingredients, but I stayed faithful to the old, faded recipe card that my mom shared with me. This dessert is easy to make and is the perfect dessert for a hot summer day. //
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick butter cut into 1 in. sections
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 10 oz frozen strawberries
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large container of Cool Whip
- 9 x 13 in. pan
- Mix brown sugar, flour, butter, and nuts. Once the mixture is crumbly, put aside 2/3 cup for garnish at the end. Pat it into the pan and bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, adding sugar gradually. Next, add the lemon juice and strawberries. Beat with a hand mixer on high speed for 15 minutes, then fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread the fluff on the crust in the pan and sprinkle remaining crumbs on top for garnish. This is best served cold, so you can let it sit in the fridge for 10 minutes or so before serving.