Inspired Perspectives | A Roundtable: Utility Sales Tax Exemption for Manufacturing & Agricultural Industries
Utility sales tax exemptions provide valuable tax savings for companies who meet certain criteria. If you pay utility invoices for electricity and natural gas and operate within one of the eligible states and industries, you may qualify. Eligible industries include manufacturing, agriculture, nursing homes, retirement homes, hotels, senior living, and assisted living facilities. You may even be able to recoup overpaid sales taxes within the lookback period. In this roundtable, we’ll review what the utility sales tax exemption is, who qualifies, estimated savings, and how to obtain the exemption.
- Define utility sales tax exemptions.
- Identify who qualifies and which states are eligible.
- Demonstrate how the savings are realized.
- Discuss the look back period and how to recoup overpaid sales tax.
- Outline how the exemption is obtained and supported.
- Explore case studies and examples.