Photos by Tyra Gefroh Photography
Gabrielle and Adam’s story begins with faith and community and continues through love and unity.
On May 3, 2019, in the chapel at Pius XII Newman Center at South Dakota State University, Gabrielle and Adam hosted a graduation party, inviting each of their families to the event. Much to Gabrielle’s surprise, the couple would be celebrating more than just their graduation that day as Adam got on one knee and asked her to marry him in front of their loved ones.
The spot where Adam chose to propose to Gabrielle was a place near and dear to their hearts. The couple grew up practicing their Catholic faith together at Roncalli High School in Aberdeen, and the Newman Center in Brookings quickly felt like home to the couple in their early years of college. 26 years prior to this unforgettable occasion, Adam’s parents were hosting their own graduation party from SDSU at the same chapel.
Gabrielle and Adam both have families grounded in faith and surrounded with love. That’s why, when asked about any special moments that the two shared throughout their wedding day, the answer stayed true to the couple and their roots.
“Turning around and walking through the church right after being called Mr. and Mrs. Goetz for the first time and seeing everybody, I thought that was amazing,” Gabrielle said.
Gabrielle grew up seeing many various types of weddings because her mother and aunt own Mood Signature Events in Aberdeen. She felt inspired in so many unique ways, but the bride knew that she wanted her big day to emphasize her love for Adam and their marriage. The bride’s elegant dress adorned with lace was the icing on the cake for her and Adam’s romantic wedding.
The reception was decorated with dramatic displays of metallic and neutrals as the couple took the chance to enjoy the abundance of support from friends and family and cherish the guidance from generations of love. // —Josie Clemens
Advice from the Bride
- Remember to breathe, drink water, ask for help when you need it, and take a few moments for yourself throughout the day.
- Be in the moment and enjoy every second. Focus on your partner and the purpose of the celebration.
- Have the time of your life and don’t stress over the small things – someone is always willing to help you if you need something.
August 22, 2020
- Ceremony Venue: Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Reception Venue and Catering: Dakota Event Center
- Photography: Tyra Gefroh Photography
- Videography: A&K Productions
- Bridal Gown: Bridal Gallery, Sioux Falls
- Bridesmaids’ Dresses: The Wedding Shoppe, St. Paul, MN
- Menswear: Knights Menswear, Rochester, MN
- Rings: Heiser’s Jewelry
- Hair: Maddie Shanks at Wild Ember Studio and Reaghan Smith at Audra Day Spa
- Makeup: Brandi Lambert and Rachel Peterson
- Invitations and Programs: Mood Signature Events
- Bridal Party Floral: Aberdeen Floral Designs by Cindy
- Event Floral, Decor, Lights: Mood Signature Events
- Officiant: Fr. Mike Kelly and Fr. Andrew Dickenson
- Ceremony Musicians: John Thuringer (organ) and Mattie Zerr (soloist)
- Reception Entertainment: VanMeter Entertainment
- Rehearsal Catering: Shagan Pit Food Truck
- Cake: Sweet Pea Cakery
- Bars and Cupcakes: Mary B Cakery
- Transportation: Bacon Enterprises Party Bus
- Lodging: Holiday Inn Express & Suites and Hampton Inn & Suites