Here’s a versatile recipe for you this month! Quesadillas are extremely customizable, but here’s a recipe that adds some healthy greens to the equation. They don’t take much time to make, and better yet, they taste like something right out of a restaurant. I live with someone who isn’t the biggest mushroom fan, but even she could attest to how delicious these are. //
- Flour or corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the mushrooms in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 3 minutes to soften. Roughly chop the baby spinach.
- Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with the olive oil and place on a baking sheet, oil side down.
- Sprinkle cheese on one half of the tortilla. Layer on the spinach, then mushrooms, and add one more layer of cheese. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Bake the tortillas for about 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden brown.